|Use the menu on the left to browse our hundreds of lesson plans and resources.
|Title of Project: Drug Awareness Guide by Tia Cook
Purpose of the Project: To inform students of different types of drugs and their
Description of the Project: This poster board informs students of the different
types of drugs and effects and medical uses of each one.
CSHE Area that this project aligns with: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
Developmentally appropriate grade or grade-range: Intermediate through
Equipment/Items needed to make this project:
foam poster board, eight different colors of construction paper, ruler, black pen,
sticker maker, pencil, internet access, colored printer, red sticker letters
1. Research and find all information on each category of drug.
2. Measure out 9 columns to the size you want onto the poster board using a
ruler and pencil.
3. Measure out 9 rows the size you want onto the poster board using a ruler
and pencil. Make sure to leave the first column on the left blank with no rows.
4. Go over the pencil marks using a black pen.
5. Using black paper and a pencil label each column accordingly. (Label:
category, description, appearance, other names, medical uses, short term effects,
long term effects, and signs/symptoms)
6. Using red letters spell out Drug Awareness Guide and put it on the first
column on the left hand side of the board.
7. Locate pictures on the internet of each of the categories and print at least
8. Cut out a different colored paper for each row that will fit in each box.
9. Write out correct information on each piece of paper using a black pen.
10. Create stickers out of the pictures printed using the sticker maker and place
them on the correct piece of colored paper.
11. Create stickers out of each piece of paper using the sticker maker and place
them in the correct box on the foam poster board.
Cost to make the project: $0 (I had the supplies already)
Actual cost to purchase a version of the project: $25.50 from eNasco.com
|Homemade Health: Visual Aids, Games, and
More for Cheap