|Use the menu on the left to browse our hundreds of lesson plans and resources.
|Title of Project: Healthy Spinning by Ashley
Purpose of the Project: This game teaches students nutritional information, while
having lots of fun.
Description of the Project: There is a spinner and quiz cards. In order to get the
points the student has to answer the question correctly, if they answer wrong, then
they lose that amount of points.
CSHE Area that this project aligns with: Nutrition
GLE(s): ME2A4: Identify the sources and basic nutrients of six essential nutrients
on food labels recognize that this info helps make healthy choices. Describe the
relationship between food intake and energy.
Developmentally appropriate grade or grade-range: 3rd-5th
Equipment/Items needed to make this project:
Wood, table saw, saber saw, nuts, bolts, lock nuts, washers, planner, paint, wooden
pegs, painters tape, quiz cards, wild cards
1. I used marine plywood, I used a five gallon bucket and traced the top.
2. I cut it out with a saber saw then I mounted it to the back this is also marine
plywood to mount it I used a bolt, I put a nut in between the spinner and the board.
Make sure you put in some kind of plastic insert I made mine out of a piece of
caulking tubing. This helps it to spin better.
3. Use a table saw for the back piece. It is up to your personal preference how
big you want it.
4. To paint the spinner, I measured the outside so that all the pie pieces were
equal, I used painter's tape to keep the paint from running. (It took multiple coats.)
5. For the cards I found questions and placed the question/answer the card,
then laminated them. I also had a couple of wild cards.
Cost to make the project: $4
Actual cost to purchase a version of the project: $126.25 from eNasco.com
|Homemade Health: Visual Aids, Games, and
More for Cheap