|Use the menu on the left to browse our hundreds of lesson plans and resources.
|Title of Project: Hygiene Habits Board Game by Rebecka Bornhoft
Purpose of the Project: This game is a fun way for students to learn about and
review proper hygiene techniques.
CSHE Area that this project aligns with: Personal Health and Fitness
Health Education GLEs that this project aligns with:
ME1A3: Describe how personal health is enhanced by behaviors (include care of
skin, teeth, gums, hair, eyes, nose, ears, nails)
Developmentally appropriate grade or grade-range: 3rd
Equipment/Items needed to make this project:
1 piece of foam board, 1 chutes and ladders game to get design and spinner,
hygiene kit from education store (JR Learning), markers, laminating machine from
MSSU resource room, scissors
1. Layout squares on large board to match that on Chutes and Ladders game
2. Draw chutes, ladders, numbers, and good and bad hygiene onto game
3. Take spinner off of old chutes and ladder game and attach to top of new
4. Use markers to decorate and color game board
5. Label the game
6. Laminate hygiene cards for decoration and game pieces
7. Glue hygiene cards to top of board for decoration.
8. Tape Ziploc bag to back of game board, containing game pieces
9. Attach directions to back of board game.
Cost to make the project: $12.00; I used all materials that I already had besides
the hygiene packet from JR Learning. This packet also included large hygiene
posters that could be displayed in my classroom. It took me about 2.5 hours to
complete this project.
Actual cost to purchase a version of the project: $29.95 + Shipping
|Homemade Health: Visual Aids, Games, and
More for Cheap